fees and waivers

fee payment options

In the 2013-14 school year, you will be able to pay most of your fees online at My CBE Account. For many parents, this option is the most convenient method of payment as it can be done from the comfort of your own home.

Of course, it is not the only method of payment available as the CBE continues to offer flexibility to parents. You can still choose how and when to pay your fees and do it directly at your child’s school or through scheduled automatic withdrawals.

Please note one change in the 2013-14 school year: to ensure security of your personal information, we will no longer be accepting credit card information over the phone, by fax or by mail.

Pay online

By creating a My CBE Account, you will be able to pay with VISA, MasterCard or VISA Debit card. You can also pay with Interac Online if you bank with Bank of Montreal, Bank of Nova Scotia, Royal Bank of Canada or TD Canada Trust. Whether you are registering for the first time or already have an account, be sure to use the same email address that the school has on file for you. When you log on for the first time, you will need to add your child(ren) using their CBE student ID number. Then you will be able to see the fees payable for your child(ren).

You can also register and pay for noon supervision online through your My CBE Account. Only parents or legal guardians can register students for noon supervision fees online. Fees for noon supervision can be paid at the time of registration or at a later date.

You must register for transportation service by filling out the paper contract distributed by your child’s school or on the CBE website, and return the contract to your school by June 26, 2013. Once the CBE has processed your form, you will be able to pay your transportation fees online.

Pay at your school

If you prefer, you can also pay fees at your child’s school by cheque, VISA, MasterCard or any debit card with the Interac symbol. Schools can also accept cash.   

Pay by automatic withdrawal

You can choose to pay Noon Supervision and Transportation Fees in scheduled installment payments by arranging for automatic withdrawal from your bank account. Just fill out an authorization form and a void cheque showing your bank account details to allow the CBE to deduct fees from your bank account. You can choose between 10 monthly installments (September to June) or two installments (September and February.) The authorization form is on the back of noon supervision and transportation registration forms. Alternatively, you can sign up for automatic withdrawals online through your My CBE Account beginning on approximately July 1.

Fee waivers

No child is ever denied access to an education in the CBE because of an inability to pay. If you can’t afford the fees, there are several ways for the fees to be waived including but not limited to:

  • You receive assistance from Provincial Social Services;
  • Your family is eligible for the Alberta Child Health Benefit;
  • You are a Government Sponsored Conventional Refugee; or
  • Your Children are Treaty Status living below an income threshold based on family size.

If you do not meet the criteria above, you may declare a financial hardship to your school principal. They will work with you to either come up with a manageable payment schedule, or can decide to waive part or all of your fees.

For questions related to online payments or fees, please call 403-817-7888. For questions about waivers, please call 403-817-7440. For all other inquiries, please speak to your principal.




Content Moderator: Karen Drummond
Web Administrator: Webmaster
Last Modified: May 6, 2013