Citizenship and municipal governance come alive at City Hall School. A wealth of opportunities exist for students to learn and become informed and civically engaged citizens within the Municipal Building and in our Centre City communities. Working alongside City of Calgary employees and meeting with Council members provide authentic experiences to learn more about City of Calgary services, municipal governance and what it means to be a Calgarian.
Ideas for inspiration could include:
- Examining the democratic process and citizen engagement
- Exploring social issues, environmental stewardship and sustainability
- Investigating historic preservation
- Uncovering local history and public art
- Discovering future career opportunities