The Calgary Board of Education has summer school opportunities for students. Summer School is a great opportunity for you to:
- Upgrade or take one course that won't fit in your schedule during the school year
- Gain valuable work experience while earning credits
Important | summer school classes fill up quickly, so register early to avoid disappointment
Provincial Diploma Examinations usually occur during the first two weeks of August. Schedules are subject to change by Alberta Education at any time. For up-to-date information related to Diploma Exam dates, please check the Alberta Education General Information Bulletin.
Chinook Learning Services
Chinook Learning Services has the largest High School Summer School program in Alberta. Complete a 5-credit high school course in less than five weeks. Choose from a variety of 10-20-30 subjects. Summer School courses fill quickly!
Earn high school Work Experience or Registered Apprenticeship Program credits during summer employment:
Our summer band programs are fun-filled and designed to challenge students from Grade 5 to adult:
Online Learning at CBe-learn
CBe-learn will offer a variety of online high school core and complementary courses during the summer of 2017. Online learning allows you the flexibly to take one summer school course to help you catch up, keep up, or get ahead! Check the links above for details and updates.
Note | Diploma courses are NOT available during the summer at CBe-learn.
Prerequisite for online learning courses
If you have not been a student at CBe-learn before, you must successfully complete Pre-learn, the prerequisite online course before beginning your Summer School or Kick Starter course.
- You may start Pre-learn as early as June 1
- There is no expectation to begin Pre-learn early, however, the course must be completed by the deadline in order to access a core or complementary course.
In 2017, a select number of courses are being offered as June KickStarter courses. KickStarter are completed in accelerated time, so you can finish them before the end of June.
- KickStarter courses run from June 15 – July 14
- Courses offered include: CALM, Psychology and Sociology
- Important | register for Kickstarter courses BEFORE June 5
- CBe-learn students | call 403-243-4500 to make an appointment with student services to register for a Summer School course
- Students under 18 years must have a parent / guardian present at CBE to finalize their registration.
- CBE students currently attending another CBE high school | register through your high school guidance counsellor
- Your registration is not processed until both your Prerequisite Information Form and Payment Form have been submitted to CBe-learn (either in-person, or via fax).
Learn more | visit the CBe-learn summer school webpage