1580 Strathcona Drive SW, Calgary AB T3H 5B1
Community | Aspen Woods (Strathcona)
Capacity | 600
Anticipated Opening Date | Jan. 2017
Grades | K-4 (year 1); K-5 (year 2); K-6 (year 3)
Kindergarten registration will take place at our new school starting Jan. 9, 2017.
Registration School WebsiteCareer Opportunities
Dr. Roberta Bondar School Opening
November 28, 2016
I am excited to confirm that our new school will open on Jan. 3, 2017. Students will remain in the same classes with the teachers and classmates that they’ve had since the beginning of the year.
Please note that our school hours will change.
School will start at 8:15 a.m. and end at 2:50 p.m. Monday – Friday. We will have lunch from 11:35 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.
Students who live outside of the school’s walk zone will be eligible for transportation to the new school. Information on the walk zone can be found on our website www.cbe.ab.ca/drrobertabondar. New route maps for students who will continue to take the bus will be available before winter break on the Find My Bus Route webpage.
Please fill out the Request to Cancel School Bus Transportation form as soon as possible ONLY if your child is eligible for transportation to the new school, but will not be taking the bus. Transportation contracts for students living in the walk zone will automatically be cancelled.
Please check your My CBE Account to ensure the fees charged are for the correct length of your contract (4 months or 10 months).
If you have any questions regarding transportation please contact CBE Transportation at 403-817-7433 or email@example.com.
Students who live within the walk zone and will stay for lunch at the new school need to re-register for noon supervision. After Dec. 31, 2016, please visit your My CBE Account to re-register. Students who are continuing to take the bus do not need to re-register.
If you have any questions about the move to our new school please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-817-3564.
Dr. Roberta Bondar School is absolutely beautiful and I know it will be a wonderful place for all of our students to learn and grow.
Laine Mulholland, Principal
Dr. Roberta Bondar School
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report that is presented monthly to the Board of Trustees.
Exterior cladding is complete. Roofing installation is complete. Slabs on grade are complete. Wall, floor and ceiling installation are complete. Progress on site continues to be good with landscaping completed. Construction is currently on schedule.
|Design and Specifications
|Steel Fabrication and Erection
|Roofing and Membranes
- Tenders closed on September 1, 2015. Following review and approvals by Alberta Infrastructure and the Board, a contract was awarded on September 18. Mobilization and construction commenced at the end of September. Awaiting approval for a Building Permit.
- An Open House was held at the Education Centre for stakeholders to view design plans.
- The Province advised the CBE that the schools that were announced in October 2014 as starter schools would be funded for full construction.
- The Calgary Board of Education received approval from the Province of Alberta to build a starter school in the community of Aspen Woods.
- Aspen Woods was identified as a priority in the CBE 2015-2018 Three-Year School Capital Plan
Design and Construction
- Manasc Isaac Architects - planning and design
- Spacemakers construction