7 Auburn Bay Avenue SE, Calgary AB T3M 0K6
Community | Auburn Bay
RegistrationSchool WebsiteCareer Opportunities
Approved Capacity 600 students
Anticipated Opening Date | Sept. 2016
Grades | K-4
School Opening September 6
September 1, 2016
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I have great news to share. Our new school will be all set to open on Tuesday, Sept. 6 as planned. We received our building occupancy permit today, which was what we needed in order to confirm our opening date.
Teachers and other staff will be busy preparing their classes and the school over the long weekend. We are very excited to welcome all of our students to Auburn Bay School on Tuesday!
Have a wonderful long-weekend.
Lori Cullen, Principal
Auburn Bay School
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report that is presented monthly to the Board of Trustees and reflects the most recent update.
- Exterior sheathing and masonry complete. Interior masonry and drywall partitions ongoing. Progress on site continues to be good. (new June 14, 2016)
Project History and Background
- High focus being placed on completion of critical tasks to ensure schedule remains on track. (
- Structural steel complete with roofing complete. ATCO gas meter installed. All slabs cast. Exterior sheathing complete. Interior masonry ongoing. Exterior envelope works have commenced. Window installation ongoing.
- Structural steel erection is complete. Construction is currently on schedule.
- Foundations complete. Deep services utility connections complete.
- The Design-Build responses were unsatisfactory and over budget. The Design Team has finalized a new set of working drawings and lump sum tender documents were issued.
- Development permit application approved by the City of Calgary.
- The prime consultant and architect appointed.
- The Calgary Board of Education received approval from the Province of Alberta to build a new school in the community of Auburn Bay.
- Auburn Bay Elementary was identified as a priority in the CBE Three-Year Capital Plan.
Design and Construction