- Quality learning environments in which some classes "loop". "Looping" is when students to remain with the same teacher or class group from Grade 1 to 2, Grade 3 to Grade 4 and from Grade 5 to Grade 6. High expectations, team work, and a celebration of learning prevails throughout the school.
- We view technology as a support and an integral component in the teaching and learning process.
- We have an active and engaged parent population which participates in, and contributes to, the life of the school in many capacities: school council work, committee work, and in-school volunteering.
- We engage students in their learning by enriching literacy skills, deepening mathematical understanding, and encouraging student inquiry and critical thinking.
- A highly collaborative environment in which students, staff, and parents are involved in decision making and actively engaged in the vibrant life of the school.
- We recognize and value the diversity of our student population.
- Extracurricular activities: choir, handbells, intramurals, clubs, Young Writer's Conference, and student leadership (patrols, community service, environment, Learning Commons, multimedia, special event.