bus maps and schedules
ride times/location of bus stops
Specific bus routes/schedules can be obtained from your child's school.
They are available three working days prior to the start of classes. Schools will distribute
updates throughout the year.
When scheduling school bus routes Section 9 of The Calgary Board of
Regulation 6095 is followed.
Parents should be aware of the following:
Every effort is made to keep ride times to within one hour each way.
Due to the sparsity of students, buses must travel long distances to service
the schools offering alternative and special needs programs, therefore,
ride times may be longer in some cases.
- If a student has more than one address, parents must choose which
one they want to list as the primary residence for transportation purposes.
The CBE cannot provide two or more bus stops for one child, however,
students are allowed to use any bus stop that is convenient for them.
- Requests for the addition or relocation of school bus stops will
not be considered if there is a stop within approximately 800 metres (Kindergarten
- Grade 6) or 1600 meters (Grades 7 - 12) of a student's residence.
Parents are responsible for ensuring their child's safety while traveling
from home to the bus stop and back again.
- School bus schedules are developed during the summer months for all
schools and programs. The bus routes are designed using information
that Transportation Services has available to them at that time. Often
students move into or within the city, or in and out of programs which
may necessitate numerous route changes in the fall. Bus routes or schedules are subject to change at any time during the school year.
- Requests for changes in the bus schedules cannot be processed during
August and may take many weeks to process in the Fall. Written responses to all
requests will be mailed.
- Requests for additional bus stops or the relocation of an existing
bus stop must be submitted to Transportation Services on a Change Request
form. Requests submitted on the Charter Transportation Contract Form will not be processed.
- School bus stops will be relocated or removed if a complaint from a property owner is received.
Change Request Form
Content Moderator: Ron McArthur
Web Administrator: L.
March 25, 2014