Exploring Career Choices
Dual Credit - Water, Technology & the Environment
Water, Technology and the Environment bundles three courses (WATR302,
BIOL201) together to provide students with a holistic view of how these three areas intersect via a combination of theory, water testing, field trips, labs and the integration of technology in data collection and analysis. Topics covered include but are not limited to ecosystem components, industrial ecology, data collection, hazard assessments, laboratory techniques, and innovation to challenge the way that water is currently managed.
Participation in this course could lead to the following career pathways and beyond:
- Water Quality Technician
- Environmental Manager
- Environmental Planner
- Learn about green technologies and sustainability practices and how they relate to a growing job market in Alberta and Canada
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support learning transitions
- Taught by an experienced and passionate post-secondary instructor with connections to industry
Credits - 15, 30 level CTS
7.5 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school student who:
- Are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- Have a strong interest to explore a pathway in environmental technology and/or sustainability practices
- Are excited about taking a hands-on, multidisciplinary post-secondary course
- are able to commit to the duration of the program and can attend in-person classes Monday to Thursday mornings from 8:30 – 11:30 am for the duration of the program
- have completed the following pre-requisite courses:
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from SAIT main campus (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 0L4)
Program Delivery and Location
- Please note that this program is still in development and details are subject to change.
- In-person at SAIT (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 0L4)
- Semester 2 (February to May), Monday-Thursday mornings, 8:30-11:30 am
How to Apply
- The application deadline for February 2023 programming has now passed. Please talk to your home high school Off-campus Coordinator or Guidance Counsellor to start planning for future programs!
- Applications for Summer and Fall 2023 programs will be posted in Spring 2023 – check back often!
The application deadline for February 2023 has now passed. Please talk to your home high school Off-campus Coordinator or Guidance Counsellor to start planning for future programs!