Building & Modernizing Schools
Auburn Bay Middle School (design only)
430 Auburn Bay Drive SE (subject to change)
Anticipated Opening Date: TBD
Grades | 5-9
New School Timeline
May 15, 2019: Representatives from the Community Association, Calgary Police Service, Calgary Board of Education, Alberta Infrastructure and consultants met to identify community issues or concerns
June 4, 2019: Community Open House - See the Presentation
June 2019: Response to community open house feedback: report to community association
July 2019: Development permit application circulated to community association and to public at large for comment.
TBD: Funding Announced for Phase 2 – Construction
Note: School opening date will not be announced until a contractor is hired and all permits are approved.
During the academic year prior to school opening, the following will occur:
- Public open house will be held to share information on school designation area, walk zone and grade configuration
- The Board of Trustees will announce the school name
- Approved for Phase 1 - design only in June 2018
- Located at 430 Auburn Bay Drive SE
- 900 student capacity school
- Two-storey building
- 8,071 m2 (86,875 ft2) of permanent construction – no modular classrooms
- Sustainably designed | LEED Silver certification including roof-mounted solar panels
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report that is presented monthly to the Board of Trustees.
|Design and Specifications
|Note: Project managed by Alberta Infrastructure. Conceptual design complete.
|Note: Project managed by Alberta Infrastructure. Prime consultant/architect has been selected.
Last modified: 7/11/2019 2:32 PM
Website feedback: Webmaster