210 Mahogany Way SE (subject to change)
Anticipated Opening Date: TBD
Grades | K-4
New School Open House
Parents and community members are invited to an open house showcasing the design of the elementary school that will be built for the community of Mahogany.
You can drop-in anytime during the open house to view school design plans and ask the architectural consultants questions about the facility.
Date | May 29
Time | 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Location | Dr. Martha Cohen School,
116 Brightondale Park SE
We are in the early stages of the design and construction process and do not have information on the grades that will be offered, the attendance area or the walk zone. That information will be shared closer to when the school opens. There will not be a formal presentation at this open house.
You can find more information and construction updates on the CBE’s new school construction projects by visiting
Provide Feedback by June 7
If you were not able to provide feedback at the May 29 open house you can email your feedback with respect to the site design and the building design to
email@example.com by June 7 for it to be considered in the planning.
Your feedback and input will be considered with respect to the planning of:
- Site access, parking and drop-off locations
- Traffic improvements
- General site configuration
- Other building design considerations
New school construction decisions that cannot be influenced:
- The new school site
- The size and capacity of the school
- The traffic circle location and proximity to the school site
- The location of the soccer field
- The total number of parking stalls provided for staff
- The total number of designated spots for parent drop-off and visitor parking
Alberta Education, Alberta Infrastructure and the Calgary Board of Education are working together to design and build a new school for the community of Mahogany. At the open house on May 29 we shared information on the design of the new elementary school, including general project information, timelines, site planning, traffic considerations and building design.
Alberta Infrastructure and CBE staff were at the open house to answer questions about the preliminary design and the site plan.
New School Timeline
May 16, 2019: Representatives from Community Association, Calgary Police Service, Calgary Board of Education, Alberta Infrastructure and consultants met to identify community issues or concerns
May 29, 2019: Community Open House
June 2019: Response to community open house feedback: report to community association; information will be posted on this page.
July 2019: Development permit application circulated to community association and to public at large for comment.
Spring 2020: School opening date announced
Project updates will be posted on this webpage throughout the construction of this school.
During the academic year prior to school opening, the following will occur:
- Public open house will be held to share information on school designation area, walk zone and grade configuration
- The Board of Trustees will announce the school name
Mahogany Elementary School:
- Approved for design and construction in June 2018
- Located at 200 Mahogany Way SE
- 600 student capacity school
- One-storey building
- 4,714 m2 (50,740 ft2) of permanent construction – no modular classrooms
- Sustainably designed | LEED Silver certification including roof-mounted solar panels
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report.
Design and Specifications
Note: Project managed by Alberta Infrastructure. Conceptual design complete.
Note: Project managed by Alberta Infrastructure. Prime consultant/architect has been selected.