Before Traveling on a School Bus
- Student transportation providers will adhere to the health requirements laid out by AHS, and the requirements detailed in the
Alberta Education 2021-22 School Year Plan.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection of high traffic/touch areas will continue.
- Vehicle cleaning logs will be kept.
Monitoring for Symptoms
Parents and students must not be in the pick-up/drop-off area or enter the bus if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Thorough hand washing with soap and water is still the single most effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Students should be reminded by parents and teachers to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before they leave home to take the bus, when they arrive at school, when they are leaving school prior to taking the bus, and when they get home.
While Travelling on a School Bus
Drivers should contact dispatch if there is a symptomatic student on board, and ensure the student has a mask.
The following measures will continue beyond COVID-19:
- Students will be assigned seats and a record of this seating plan will be kept by the service provider.
- All students who ride the bus should be registered and on the driver's list.
- ZPass cards will be mandatory. Requests for replacement ZPass cards can be requested through MyCBE in advance of school starting. The volume of requests may impact the ability to distribute to schools in a timely manner.
- Students who receive curb-to-curb specialized transportation service are exempt from using the ZPass card.
Students 13 and older accessing Calgary Transit must follow the current posted guidelines for COVID-19. As of 11:59 p.m. on June 14, 2022, face coverings are no longer required while using Calgary Transit.