Before Traveling on a School Bus
- Student transportation providers will adhere to the health requirements laid out by AHS, and the requirements detailed in the Alberta Education 2021-22 School Year Plan.
- Masks are mandatory for all bus drivers and attendants.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection of high traffic/touch areas will continue.
- Vehicle cleaning logs will be kept.
Monitoring for Symptoms
- Parents must complete a health assessment for students before they leave home.
- Parents and students must not be in the pick-up/drop-off area or enter the bus if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Thorough hand washing with soap and water is still the single most effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Students should be reminded by parents and teachers to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before they leave home to take the bus, when they arrive at school, when they are leaving school prior to taking the bus, and when they get home.
While Travelling on a School Bus
- Masks are mandatory for all students unless there is an exemption by the principal.
- Drivers should contact dispatch if there is a symptomatic student on board, and ensure the student has a mask.
- Students will be assigned seats and a record of this seating plan will be kept by the service provider.
- All students who ride the bus should be registered and on the driver's list.
- ZPass cards will be mandatory. Requests for replacement ZPass cards can be requested through MyCBE / PowerSchool in advance of school starting. The volume of requests may impact the ability to distribute to schools in a timely manner.
- Students who receive curb-to-curb specialized transportation service are exempt from using the ZPass card.
To the extent possible, physical distancing measures will be implemented in school buses and while loading/unloading.
- Students should maintain a physical distance of 2 metres between other students and families while loading and unloading.
- Students should load from the back of the bus to the front.
- Students should unload from the front of the bus to the back.
- Where feasible, the number of students per bench is limited at 2.
- Students from the same household will share a bench up to a limit of 3.
- If buses have students from different schools, they will be separated by 2 metres (3 rows), where feasible, except for siblings.
Students accessing Calgary Transit must follow the current posted guidelines for COVID-19.
Masks continue to be mandatory on Calgary Transit vehicles.