- Three Learning Communities: This organization offers three main advantages: it reduces the anonymity that occurs within large schools; it provides opportunities for older and younger children to work together; and it creates a sense of belonging for the children. The large multi-purpose room has been named the Plaza to represent a gathering place.
- Inquiry Learning: Rich and engaging educational experiences that entice children into learning, to formulating important questions they want to seek answers to, and to being active participants in learning are presented.
- Global Citizenship.
- Links with the University of Calgary.
- Our School’s Three Pillars: Respect for the rights and well-being of self, others and our place.
- Curriculum Breadth: core curriculum as well as creative arts and health.
- Diverse opportunities: environmental studies, to daily physical education and to the infusion of technology and creative arts. Extra-curricular activities provided in these areas nurture children’s imagination and develop their skills and talents.
- Parent involvement.
- Student leadership.