- Teaming Up for Health Learners gold award
- An inquiry approach to learning to meet the learning needs of a diverse population.
- Strong technology focus and support.
- Strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy, international understanding, and responsible citizenship.
- Diversity is accepted and respected.
- Special education students, where appropriate, receive additional support services and modified programming.
- An active early literacy program supported by the Calgary Reads program and Reading Intervention classes.
- Home reading program and guided reading in every grade
- Music is taught by a specialist
- Daily physical education classes
- Artist(s) in Residency Program
- Swimming lessons, fieldtrips and many clubs and extra curricula activities
- School-wide buddy program
- Environmental excellence - recycling program.
- Volunteer program includes parents, grandparents, and Mount Royal University students.
- Monthly character trait focus
- Flexible student groupings to meet individual learner needs