Virtual Classroom is an online scheduled meeting in Brightspace where students and their teacher can present, communicate and collaborate using livestream video.
Students, if your teacher uses this tool you can join your Virtual Classroom session from the links your teacher created in your course. Contact your teacher if you have questions.
Virtual Classroom and Video Assignments - Learner Guide by D2L
Virtual Classroom Device and Browser Requirements
The setups listed below are recommended when using Virtual Classroom with the CBE. Students may encounter issues using setups outside of this list.
Device and Browser
- Mac or PC - latest version of Chrome, (not Safari, Firefox or Edge for CBE use)
- Android/Chromebooks - latest version of Chrome
- iPad or iPhone - latest version of the OS with Safari (not Chrome).
- iPad and iPhone using OS 12x will not be able to launch sessions.
- Safari Version 13x will display the error “the session is scheduled to start in 51 years” when joining a session.
- All Browsers - Cookies enabled and Pop-ups allowed
- Additional Chrome Settings - Enable “3rd party cookies allowed"
- Additional Safari Settings - Disable "Prevent Cross -Site Tracking" and on iPad/iPhone disable "Request Desktop Website"
Authentication errors, loading errors and other symptoms can occur when trying to connect if your Browser settings are not setup properly.
How to check your Browser settings by Bongo
Audio and Video Tips
Be sure you are using the supported Browser for your device. Please take a look at these help articles for more assistance.