Jube School is a week-long program of personalized, interactive, arts-based learning rooted in elements of each class’ curriculum. Creative explorations in the technical, visual, and performing arts will inspire learners and educators to make personal connections in, through, and about the arts. Working alongside some of the world's best teaching artists and technicians, students have hands-on opportunities to create, reflect, and explore in an environment that supports personal and social growth, empowers practical learning, and inspires curiosity that enriches the individual, the class, and our community.
Some questions that have been explored at Jube School are:
- How Do We Tell Our Story?
- What is the Story?
- Who are we? How does the past, present and future impact our identity?
- What possibilities lies beyond the door?
- How does Art tell a story?
- What is the story of our Community?
- If the best could happen, what would be my contribution?
Workshop Possibilities can include:
- Audio: mic patterns, recording techniques, mixing, sound effects
- Lighting: shadow, focus, colour exploration, shaping of light, storytelling, gobo making
- Stage Craft: stage fly system, mechanical advantage, knots and rigging
- Atmospherics: fog, dry ice, haze
- Visual Arts: paint, mixed media, collage, graffiti
- Performing Arts: improv, voice, theatre games and storytelling
- Playwriting and story generating
- Directing 101 Workshops
- Spoken Word & Poetry