Is the Traditional Learning Centre (TLC) the Right Choice for My Child?
A successful TLC student demonstrates:
• self-management and organizational skills
• respect for self, others and the environment
• a willingness to take ever-increasing responsibility and ownership for their own learning (independent work within a structured setting)
• a willingness to participate in positive social interactions, engage in problem solving and model good character
• a willingness to undertake a leadership role in the school, including citizenship and service
• a willingness to accept the challenge of a rigorous academic curriculum and an eagerness for knowledge and service
Benefits of the TLC Program:
• Character Education intentionally taught and reinforced daily and demonstrated through service to the school, local and global community
• Whole group direct instruction that is sequential and enriched as the primary teaching approach
• Students are provided with a structured, orderly setting appropriate to the learning activity
• Students are grouped by skill ability for language arts and mathematics.