All research conducted in the CBE requires approval which is obtained through the research application process. If the application is approved, the researcher will receive a letter in principle that will allow them to approach school principals for permission to conduct research.
Find out who should apply and if your proposal aligns with our research review guidelines.
- We are a dynamic learning community with an open disposition towards research that seeks to explore and discover optimal ways of learning
- We believe that educational research plays a pivotal role in continuous improvement and developing innovative practices
- The Calgary Board of Education (CBE) values its many relationships with researchers from a variety of universities, agencies and institutions
The Calgary Board of Education considers applications that demonstrate:
Caring for Students and Staff
Celebrating Our Research
- We celebrate research that holds promise for informing and improving teaching and learning
- We celebrate research that holds promise for developing innovative practices
- We request permission for CBE staff to access research conducted within the CBE in order to promote continuous improvement
We Are Accessible
- All information on CBE research protocol can be found online on this website
- Please send completed research applications to ResearchApplications@cbe.ab.ca