A successful student demonstrates:
- that they learn best from a single gender approach to instruction
- an interest in curriculum that highlights what it means to be male in today’s society
- a willingness to be actively engaged in a learning environment that focuses on
- the academic, physical, emotional and social needs of boys
Characteristics of the All Boys Program
- Alberta Programs of Study through an instructional approach that best meets the learning needs of boys
- Development of leadership through “Maverick Leadership” and Pillars of Care
- Books and curricular materials that excite boys are integrated into all aspects of curriculum
- Opportunities for self-expression through the fine arts school residency
- Encourages full participation in appropriate personalized activities including wellness, physical fitness and athletics
- Opportunities for mentorship with successful men
- Builds on boys’ strengths to create an optimistic culture and an encouraging learning environment where boys achieve their personal best
- School uniform
How to Register
For the 2017-18 school year Alternative Program registration begins January 2017. Please take your completed registration package to your designated school after you have attended the parent information session. Please refer to this school’s website for parent information session details.
For families that are new to the CBE and not Canadian citizens, please note you must first attend the Kingsland Reception Centre for an initial assessment prior to registering for an Alternative Program.
See Fees page for fees that apply to all CBE students
Uniform cost (approximately $400.00).