Grade 5 to Grade 9 students living in the community of Saddle Ridge are designated to Peter Lougheed School. Transportation services from the community of of Saddle Ridge to Colonel Macleod School ended June 30, 2017.
- The majority of our student community is bussed from Saddle Ridge. The rest of our students walk to school from the communities of Renfrew, Regal Terrace and Winston Heights. Students in Grade 7-9 from Vista and Mayland Heights who are not attending the Arts Centered Learning Program at Sir John Franklin also attend our school and access Calgary Transit to come to school.
- 1 system Bridges class.
- French as a Second Language is offered in various grades when enrollment permits.
- Students and staff at Colonel Macleod are involved in co-curricular and character/citizenship building activities including drama presentations, Night of the Cougar, Terry Fox Run, numerous field trips and presenters, school teams, intramurals and donations of their time and money to several local and global communities.
- The school is organized so that the majority students have 2 core teachers, one for math/science and one for Humanities.
- An active and supportive School Council. In addition, the Friends of Colonel Macleod Society supports the school in many ways.
- Colonel Macleod School accepts international students.