Subscribe to School Messages
Don’t miss out on school messages! To ensure you receive important information from your child’s school and the Calgary Board of Education, please:
- Subscribe online to receive commercial electronic messages on school topics such as student fees, picture days, field trips and fun lunches. (The link will open into a separate website managed by SchoolMessenger, our mass communication tool.)
- In addition, to receive any text messages sent by your school or the Calgary Board of Education, opt-in by using your cell phone to text the word YES to the six-digit number 724665.*
For more information, go to our Subscribe page, read the Questions and Answers or visit the government’s CASL website at fightspam.gc.ca.
If your contact information changes or needs updating, please:
- Tell your school
- Subscribe online again, if your email address changes
- Opt-in for text messages again, if your cell number changes.
Most school messages are sent to parents through SchoolMessenger. It’s a mass communication tool that allows schools to easily and securely send email, phone and text messages to parents/guardians of students in a particular grade, class, school or area. Messages are sent to the parent contacts on file at your school.
* There is no extra cost to receive SMS messages from the CBE, but standard message rates and data charges from your carrier apply when you receive messages from us. Check with your carrier if you have questions about your plan and costs.