Banner | Academic Enrichment

Internationally Recognized Programs

Internationally Recognized Programs Advanced Placement (AP)

Advanced Placement (AP)

Students who take AP® can earn advanced credit or advanced standing at thousands of colleges and universities on the basis of their AP® achievements. Visit the ap​ website to learn more about advanced placement. 

Frequently Asked Questio​ns and Answers About AP

AP courses offered in CBE high schools

Open House Schedule

Information related to High School Open Houses can be found on our school websites.

Registration & Transfers

The AP program is available to all students. Students interested in registering must submit all parts of their completed registration by March 15, 2021 for the 2021-22 school year. The Advanced Pla​cement Registration Information and Expression of Intent document summarizes the checklist of items required for registration, and ​provides additional information about AP at CBE.

​Fourteen CBE h​igh schools offer AP programming. If your regular designated high school offers your desired AP course(s), you will attend that school. Submit your registration to that school.

If your regular designated high school does not offer your desired AP course(s), you can request to transfer to a school that does. You will need to:

  1. Submit your registration to your designated Area school for the AP program. 

  2. Review the High School Transfer information and submit a transfer request form by March 15​. Where the form asks for the reason for the transfer, select Education Program. To complete the form, you will need to research which schools offer your desired AP course(s) and have an Open or Limited enrolment status. The school(s) you request also need to be located in your Area (see below).  
For current Grade 10 or 11 students interested in transferring schools next year in order to enroll in AP, please contact the school for more information. 

List of Schools offering AP by Area

Scroll down for contact information. ​You can also view our School Families Area Map.

Area 1

  • Bowness High School
  • Robert Thirsk High School

Area 2

  • James Fowler High School
  • William Aberhart High School

Area 3

  • Crescent Heights High School
  • Forest Lawn High School

Area 4

  • Nelson Mandela High School

Area 5

  • Centennial High School
  • Lord Beaverbrook High School
  • ​Joane Cardinal-Schubert High School

Area 6

  • Central Memorial High School
  • Dr. E.P. Scarlett High School

Area 7

  • Ernest Manning High School
  • Queen Elizabeth High School​

Designated CBE AP High Schools

The following Calgary Board of Education high schools offer AP® courses or the AP program: ​​​​​


 Contact Us

Start by contact​ing your designated high school to find out if they offer Advanced Placement courses. Use the CBE Find a School Tool to get contact information.​​

Last modified: 3/11/2021 10:10 AM
Website feedback: Webmaster