Families are responsible for the safe passage of students to and from the bus stop and at the bus stop.
We support student learning by ensuring students arrive safely, on time, and ready to learn by providing safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation services.
- Student transportation providers will adhere to the health requirements laid out by AHS, and the Alberta Education Re-Entry Plan.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high traffic/touch areas of the bus will continue.
- Parents must complete a health assessment for students before they leave home to board a bus.
- Students who present with COVID-19 symptoms must stay at home and not ride the bus until symptoms resolve.
- Masks are mandatory for all students unless there is an exemption by the principal.
- Parents and students must not be in the pick-up area or enter the bus if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Thorough hand washing with soap and water is still the single most effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Students should be reminded by parents and teachers to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before they leave home to take the bus, when they arrive at school, when they are leaving school prior to taking the bus, and when they get home.
New and Emerging Communities
Transportation from new or emerging communities which are still undergoing construction and development of roadways does not always align with regular transportation guidelines. The challenge in these new communities is that there is often no safe path, clear of obstructions (construction supplies and equipment), on City maintained roads for the yellow bus to enter and circle around as needed. School bus stops may be in adjacent communities for the regular program. School bus stops for alternative programs follow the congregated stop model.
Transportation Services will regularly monitor safety and progress of construction and roads in new areas, and change the location of stops as required during the year.
Calgary Transit does not provide service to new or emerging communities until it meets their guidelines. Students may use Calgary Transit in adjacent communities.
If Calgary Transit is not available in the new and emerging community or adjacent communities, yellow school bus service is added if:
Yellow school bus transportation does not exist in an adjacent community; and
Yellow school bus transportation is deemed safe to be added to the new or emerging community.
Families register and pay for transportation using MyCBE/PowerSchool. Paper forms are available on Forms You Need; please scroll down to the header "Transportation."
To discuss a concern about a driver/service issue, start with the service provider. If the situation is unresolved, please contact Transportation Services directly at
email@example.com. The concern will be investigated and you will receive a response from Transportation Services. To commend the service of a driver, contact the service provider directly. If you do so by email, copy
firstname.lastname@example.org so we can also follow-up with our gratitude.
To discuss a concern other than a driver or a service issue, please contact Transportation Services directly at
email@example.com. If the concern is unresolved, please follow the
Concerns and Complaints process.