Is the All Girls Program the Right Choice for My Child?
A successful student demonstrates:
a willingness to become a confident leader
a broad perspective on non-traditional career opportunities for females
an understanding of the lived experience of women in local, national and global cultures
the preference to working in an all-girl environment
an interest in science, technology, technology and mathematics (STEM) learning
an interest in curriculum that highlights how women contribute meaningfully to our society and lead change
a willingness to learn through making connections across many subjects
Characteristics of the All Girls Program
Provides girl-focused approaches to learning
Intentionally emphasizes cooperative and inquiry-based learning
Increases exposure to science, math and technology
Builds on girls’ strengths to improve self-confidence, personal growth and understanding of the social construction of gender
Provides opportunities for mentorship networks among members of the student body and with successful women
Incorporates a focus on character in all aspects of the curriculum
* Emphasize girls’ abilities to become independent and empowered leaders in school and in their greater community.
How to Register
- Registration begins on the second Monday in January.
- Refer to your designated school’s website for any parent information session. Attend parent information session and/or view informational presentation.
- Only completed packages will be accepted once registration begins.
- Packages must be received by Tuesday at noon of the week of Teacher’s Convention. Note:
Lottery draws will take place the following day.
- For families that are new to the CBE and not Canadian citizens, please note you must first attend the
CBE Welcome Centre for an initial assessment prior to registering for an Alternative Program.
- See Fees page for fees that apply to all CBE students.
- Uniform cost (approximately $400.00)
Transportation for Alternative Programs for important information. Parents will want to carefully consider the transportation services to and from the alternative program they want to enrol their child in.
Find a School
Every child in Calgary has a designated school based on their home address and the program they choose.
Find your designated school with our find a school tool along with the school's contact information and website address. Be sure to use the drop down arrow for 'Program Options' to select 'All Girls'.