- Music, the visual arts, drama and dance are integrated through the curriculum on a daily basis.
- Has been consistently recognized by both parents and students as having a staff dedicated to learning through the arts.
- Focus is on Inquiry learning, a generative, question-based approach to involve students in becoming engaged in their own learning.
- A small school that fosters a safe and caring atmosphere where all children and adults have a strong sense of community. "The Circle of Courage" philosophy helps guide students' behaviour and citizenship. Positive communication between the home and school is a priority
- All classrooms are equipped with Smart Boards. Technology is infused through the use of laptops, iPads, iPods, digital cameras and personal electronic devices. In addition, networked computers are located in each classroom and the Learning Commons.
- Has an active School Council and Society which collaborate with staff on matters relating to the school.
- Is committed to the environment with Solar Panels on the school roof, participation in Destination Conservation and ENMAX Gen E initiatives and school-wide recycling, composting and "garbageless" lunches.