Student success is at the centre of all our decisions. Achieving student success requires commitment from every part of CBE's community – employees, students, parents, industry leaders and government. It requires a vision of what success looks like for each student and a plan for how we get there.
Education Plan guides our work and connects each employee in CBE to our ultimate goal of student success. Everything we do to support students falls under four categories within this plan; learning excellence, people excellence, collaborative partnership and strategic resourcing. Our plan is also aligned with the direction of Alberta Education.
Student, staff and parent perspectives also inform the development of the education plan. These perspectives are gathered from a variety of sources in recognition of the important role we all play in supporting the Board of Trustees' priorities for student success. The following input and feedback has been considered during the 2022-23 school year:
- School development plans that incorporate perspectives provided by students, staff, parents and school councils
- System-wide parent survey
- Teacher focus groups
- Area leadership meetings with principals and assistant principals
- Discussions with education directors, service unit directors and other leaders
- Superintendents' Team meetings
The results of the system-wide parent survey are