The Calgary Board of Education (CBE) has a brand. Having a clearly defined brand and delivering a consistent brand experience is important to us. We invite you to learn about these standards and how you can represent our brand in a consistent way. Thanks for your support.
The CBE logo is a symbol of our brand. The logo may only be used by groups affiliated with our board, such as our schools, departments, programs, stakeholders and partners. It may be used on posters, signage, banners, web pages and event materials.
Partners | the use of our logo must be approved by the CBE representative you are working with or by CBE Communication & Engagement Services.
Merchandise | Any use on merchandise must receive prior approval from our Communication & Engagement Services department.
These guidelines apply to the use of the CBE logo by our partners and other stakeholders. We appreciate your adherence to these standards.
- Always use the original digital artwork files. Never recreate or distort the logo. Never separate the word mark (Calgary Board of Education) from the graphic element.
- The logo must appear in its
corporate colours or the CMYK equivalent. The black and white version is only to be used when it is not possible to produce the logo in color.
- Always maintain the
clear space around the logo.
- The interior of the graphic “box” should always be white and not transparent or another color.
- The logo should always remain a stand-alone and may not be combined with any other object such as other logos, words, graphics, photos, slogans, number or other design features.
- The logo may not be used in any way to suggest that CBE is sponsoring an event or activity unless otherwise approved in writing.
- On a web site, the logo must always be an active link to our homepage at
- The logo may not be used to represent the words “The Calgary Board of Education” in text, whether in a headline or within the body of text.
Minimum clear space around logo =
1/4" or a reasonable safe space all around the logo.
Minimum clear space must be adhered to in every instance. This is to protect the integrity and clarity of the logo and word mark.
Minimum Logo Size
Minimum size =
1.5 cm wide for print
or 150 pixels wide for web.
CBE staff can find logos and brand guidelines by searching for the "Visual Identity Standards" in the Insite intranet.
For all other logo and brand requests, please contact Communication & Engagement Services.