Health & Wellness in School
Comprehensive School Health
At the CBE, we believe in a whole school approach to health and wellness. We call this our Comprehensive School Health (CSH) approach. CSH is about healthy eating, active living, supportive social environments and positive mental health. Each school creates its own approach and goals for health and wellness, but as a system we focus on the following four areas:
Building Healthy Communities
We have many different programs, partnerships and strategies to support our schools in creating healthy communities:
- Implementing healthy school policies
- Creating supportive social and physical environments
- Schools use a variety of approaches and strategies to create safe and caring schools that best suit their communities. They are also supported by a variety of system resources.
- Teaching students about health and wellness
- Health and life skills are included in Alberta's Programs of Study, which identify what students are expected to learn and do in all subjects and grades from kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Developing strong partnerships and services with our communities
- Our students and schools health and wellness needs are supported by many organizations and generous donors who partner with us.
On Oct. 14, the Alberta government updated its guidance for schools regarding how school communities will be notified of positive COVID-19 cases.
Oct. 18, 2021
The Government of Canada has proclaimed September 30 as the National Day for Truth & Reconciliation.
Sep. 24, 2021
On Sept. 15, 2021, the Government of Alberta declared a state of public health emergency and announced new measures intended to protect the health care system, limit the spread of COVID-19 and increase vaccination rates in Alberta.
Sep. 16, 2021
Starting on Monday, Sept. 13, schools will begin providing notifications when families self-report an AHS-confirmed case of COVID-19 to their school.
Sep. 10, 2021
We are so excited to welcome back all of our returning students, and all families new to the CBE.
Aug. 30, 2021