Health & Wellness in School
Comprehensive School Health
At the CBE, we believe in a whole school approach to health and wellness. We call this our Comprehensive School Health (CSH) approach. CSH is about healthy eating, active living, supportive social environments and positive mental health. Each school creates its own approach and goals for health and wellness, but as a system we focus on the following four areas:
Building Healthy Communities
We have many different programs, partnerships and strategies to support our schools in creating healthy communities:
- Implementing healthy school policies
- Creating supportive social and physical environments
- Schools use a variety of approaches and strategies to create safe and caring schools that best suit their communities. They are also supported by a variety of system resources.
- Teaching students about health and wellness
- Health and life skills are included in Alberta's Programs of Study, which identify what students are expected to learn and do in all subjects and grades from kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Developing strong partnerships and services with our communities
- Our students and schools health and wellness needs are supported by many organizations and generous donors who partner with us.
Starting Nov. 30, students in Grades 7 to 12 are learning at-home until in-person classes resume on Jan. 11, 2021.
Nov. 30, 2020
Since the government announced on Nov. 24 that all Grade 7-12 students would move to at-home learning on Nov. 30, we have been working to provide more details about what that will look like for your child(ren).
Nov. 26, 2020
This afternoon Premier Jason Kenney announced important new health measures for all K-12 students in the province, including students in the Calgary Board of Education.
Nov. 24, 2020
Each year in November Canadians take time to focus on bullying in all its forms, and explore new ways of addressing this prevailing social issue.
Nov. 16, 2020
We are committed to keeping you informed about changes we are making as we work together to keep schools and workplaces healthy during this pandemic.
Nov. 12, 2020