Health & Wellness in School
Comprehensive School Health
At the CBE, we believe in a whole school approach to health and wellness. We call this our Comprehensive School Health (CSH) approach. CSH is about healthy eating, active living, supportive social environments and positive mental health. Each school creates its own approach and goals for health and wellness, but as a system we focus on the following four areas:
Building Healthy Communities
We have many different programs, partnerships and strategies to support our schools in creating healthy communities:
- Implementing healthy school policies
- Creating supportive social and physical environments
- Schools use a variety of approaches and strategies to create safe and caring schools that best suit their communities. They are also supported by a variety of system resources.
- Teaching students about health and wellness
- Health and life skills are included in Alberta's Programs of Study, which identify what students are expected to learn and do in all subjects and grades from kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Developing strong partnerships and services with our communities
- Our students and schools health and wellness needs are supported by many organizations and generous donors who partner with us.
The CBE is committed to providing inclusive learning and work environments.
Feb. 25, 2021
Mark and Lauren Giordano, The Italian Centre Shop, the Flames Foundation, and the Calgary Italian Open continued supporting the needs of students and their families.
Jan. 27, 2021
As we continue to follow provincial direction, all of our schools will be resuming in-person classes on Monday, Jan. 11.
Jan. 08, 2021
We are only a few days away from a well-earned winter break. It has been exciting to see how schools have managed to continue with charitable acts and seasonal celebrations in fun and unique ways this month.
Dec. 15, 2020
Starting Nov. 30, students in Grades 7 to 12 are learning at-home until in-person classes resume on Jan. 11, 2021.
Nov. 30, 2020