Iris is a web-based teaching and learning application consisting of student learning plans, learner profiles, resource library and teacher and administrator workspaces. Iris brings together student voice, learning data, and best research in supporting teachers and administrators in making well-informed instructional decisions for each student. It supports students in understanding themselves as learners and making informed decisions.
The foundational principles of Iris are:
- Students have something to say about themselves and their learning
- There are things to be known about each student
- What is known in one context should be known in another
- Knowing something about students has implications for teachers and leaders
- Feedback is critical to student achievement
- All students can and should learn