Banner | High School Registration
Skip Navigation LinksCBE HomeRegistrationRegistrationHigh School Registration


Registration High School Registration

High School Registration

Registration Process During a Health Emergency

During a health emergency when access to school buildings is being limited for everyone’s safety, the following is the process to register students new to CBE who are Canadian citizens. If you have questions, please contact the school you are registering at directly.

For more detailed information, see the Registration Process During a Health Emergency for Canadian Citizens New to CBE.

Not Canadian Citizen | students new to CBE who are not Canadian citizens must contact the Admissions and Assessment Office at the CBE Welcome Centre 403-817-7789 for instructions.

Registration Steps for New High School Students
  1. Print and complete the Student Registration Form - Dependent Student including signatures, and scan or photograph a copy of the form and save it as a PDF. This must be done by the parent/legal guardian of the student. Independent students, please use the Student Registration Form - Independent Student.
    If you do not have access to a printer, complete the form (without signatures) and attach it as a PDF to an email with one of these statements:
    • “I declare that I am of the Roman Catholic Faith” or “I declare that I am not of the Roman Catholic Faith”, and
    • “I hereby represent that I have the legal authority to register the person named on the attached registration form. I declare the information that I have provided on this form is complete and accurate. I will immediately notify the school of any changes to the information on this form.”
  2. Scan a copy or take a photo of the student proof of age and legal name document (e.g., birth certificate, passport, court document).
  3. Email the school and attach the registration form and the proof of age and legal name document.
    Use our find a school tool to determine your designated school.
    To find the email address of a school:
    • Find the school in the school directory;
    • Click on the school name; and
    • copy the email address.
  4. The school will conditionally register the student providing the address is within the school’s designated boundaries and the student is age appropriate for the school.
    Once the health emergency is over, the school will email the parent / legal guardian who completed the form and ask that they bring the following documents to the school for verification purposes during the school office hours:
    • proof of address document with the parent’s / legal guardian’s / independent student’s name (e.g., utility bill, bank statement, income tax statement, federal correspondence, property tax assessment)
    • original of proof of age and legal name document which the school will compare to the emailed document
    • photo ID of the person who completed the form to verify their identity.

Non-Canadian Students

Children who are not Canadian citizens must register at the CBE Welcome Centre at (1221 - 8 Street SW), even if they have attended school elsewhere in Canada.

  • Landed immigrants (Permanent Residents)
  • Children of individuals who are lawfully admitted to Canada for permanent or temporary residence, or non-residents
  • International fee-paying students who are approved by the CBE’s Global Learning

Call 403-817-7789​ to make an appointment to register. Interpreters are available to assist at this appointment.

If necessary, an English language assessment will be done to determine your child’s English skills.

See this page for more helpful information for students who are new to Canada.

When to Register for Current Students

Registration for high school runs from February to September.

Registration Course Guides

Learn more about the courses and their locations in the Detailed High School Course Guide in High School Success.

Summer School for Grades 10-12

High school students currently attending a high school in the Calgary area must have a Prerequisite Information Form (PIF) signed by their high school counsellor to attend Summer School at Chinook Learning Services.

High School Upgrading Registration

Come to Chinook Learning Services to complete your diploma, take extra courses, increase your marks or supplement your schedule. Fall, Winter and Summer intakes are available.

Opportunities for CBE High School Students

At the Career and Technology Centre (CTC) at Lord Shaughnessy High School, students earn high school credits in CTS while completing equivalent Alberta Industry and Training (AIT) courses for their journeyman technical training. See the Career and Techology web page to learn about the programs offered. Talk to your school counsellor about how to access the opportunities at the CTC.  

Off-Campus Work Experience

This program gives students the opportunity to earn high school credits while gaining valuable workplace experience.   ​ ​

 Contact Us

To find out more about registration at your school, please contact your school directly.

For general questions about registration at the CBE call the CBE School Information Line:

t | 403-817-​7955

Last modified: 6/26/2020 3:16 PM
Website feedback: Webmaster