Students are able to demonstrate:
- An increased ability to apply their literacy and numeracy skills, attitude and knowledge across the content areas.
- Ownership and responsibility for their actions and behavior which reflect the elements of good citizenship and character.
- An understanding of their own personal learning style and actively advocate for their needs.
Deer Run School provides:
- A strong emphasis on a well-balanced program that includes core curriculum and the arts.
- Many opportunities to extend learning through field trips, art, music and physical activity
- An active School Council
- Brown bag lunch program
The following partnerships and community building programs have been temporarily suspended during the pandemic
• Calgary Reads: Read Up! and Wee Read programs
• Between Generations Mentorship Program
• A Grandparent Reading Program
• Hull Family Services Effective Parenting course
• Breakfast program
• Saturday morning family co-operative play and physical games