- Cecil Swanson serves elementary aged children of Rundle community. We have two special education SKILL classes for children with moderate to severe cognitive challenges.
- Children are encouraged to be physically active and many participate in organized sports.
- Our school is multi-ethnic and includes children from a variety of North American, South American, Asian, African, and European cultures.
- We provide ESL support through an ESL teacher, an ESL assistant as well as classroom teachers.
- In our school, "kids are number one." Our students are our purpose for being, and all decisions are made with this belief in mind. Curriculum is adapted to meet student needs and all teachers work in teams.
- Parents have an important and active role to play at Cecil Swanson.
- We have both PC and MAC based labs, as well as computers in classrooms and a set of laptops.
- At Cecil Swanson we have high expectations for our students. We believe parents and teachers must work together to ensure students develop a feeling of self-worth, a sense of responsibility for their actions, and an ability to discipline themselves.