- Buchanan has an excellent student-centered academic program.
- The small school environment enables students to frequently interact with others of all ages.
- Staff, students and parents work together to model and foster good citizenship qualities.
- The parent community is highly involved and supportive of the school.
- A school resource team has a strong commitment to meeting the individual needs of every student.
- Some of our partnerships include: Kiwanis Club of Calgary Chinook, Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids, Calgary Reads, Calgary Public Library and Breakfast Clubs of Canada.
- Community agencies collaborate with staff to meet the needs of our students and their families to promote educational success and to help our students thrive in a diverse society. Community partnerships that the school embraces include: our four neighbouring churches, Bow West, YMCA, Immigrant Services Calgary and Foster's Garden Chapel.