- Whispering Woods. This is a natural area which has been officially adopted by the school through the city's Adopt-A-Park program. This area provides valuable learning experiences for the students.
- Sun Circle. The original Dr. Coffin School burned to the ground in 1974 with the smaller, current school being rebuilt in 1975. As the 20th anniversary of the fire approached, the original site was reclaimed to provide a learning area for nature studies, science, and social concepts.
- Environmental Studies. A naturalization area/amphitheatre for children to observe sketch and write about living things.
- A Before And After School Program.
- Unique Design. A unique architectural configuration including a sunken library as the centre of all classrooms. The computers are housed in this central location.
- Supportive Parents. We enjoy an active and involved group of parents who volunteer their time and expertise on a regular basis.