Students are able to demonstrate:
- an increased ability to apply their literacy and numeracy skills, attitude and knowledge across the content areas.
- ownership and responsibility for their actions and behavior which reflect the elements of good citizenship and character.
- an understanding of their own personal learning style and actively advocate for their needs.
Deer Run School provides:
- A strong emphasis on a well-balanced program that includes core curriculum, fine arts and extracurricular programs.
- Many opportunities to extend learning through field trips, art, music and Artist in Residence programs
-An active School Council
-Calgary Reads: Read Up! and Wee Read programs
- The Between Generations Mentorship Program
-A Grandparent Reading Program
-An effective parenting course through Hull Family Services
-A breakfast program
-A family co-operative play and physical games morning on select Saturdays