- A community of kindergarten classes, (eight classes), (four morning, four afternoon)
- A community of Grade 1/2 classrooms, (twelve classrooms)
- A community of Grade 3/4 classrooms, (ten classrooms)
- An integrated music / movement / physical education program
- A literacy team of support
- An English language learners team of support
- A learning team of support.
- Multi-Cultural Community with over 80% of the students designated as English Language Learners and approximately 30 different languages
- Balanced Literacy Program – instruction includes an emphasis on the use of higher level thinking skills, including critical literacy skills to enable students to understand appreciate and evaluate and to guide the students to become reflective, critical and independent learners.
- School Development and Renewal Goals - related to reading comprehension and democratic citizenships and social responsibility
- Celebration of Learning Assemblies
- Circle of Courage
- Professional Learning Communities