The Board of Trustees has ratified the Feb. 9, 2018 memorandum of agreement (MOA) with the Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA).
The MOA addresses the local collective bargaining aspects of the contract, which expired on Aug. 31, 2016. Central matters, including teacher pay, are being negotiated at the provincial level by the Teachers’ Employer Bargaining Association (TEBA) and the ATA.
Highlights of the MOA include:
- the addition of one lieu day for assistant principals
- the addition of reservist leave for teachers who serve in in the reserves of the Canadian Armed Forces
- the addition of Louise Dean School, for principal allowance eligibility, to account for their responsibility in ensuring third party providers deliver contracted services
- changes to the wording in the letter of understanding for CBe-learn teachers
- the opportunity for teachers to carry over two days of personal leave each school year
- substitute teachers who meet specific criteria will be provided an opportunity to attend the annual February teachers’ convention with pay
- the addition of a Sick Leave Committee and Professional Funding Committee
The new MOA will expire on Aug. 31, 2018. The updated collective agreement will be posted on the CBE website once available.
Central bargaining dates are not yet finalized.