Dec. 18, 2017
Calgary Board of Education schools are open to all children and are committed to embracing every student in a safe and welcoming environment. We hope your child will start their educational journey with us in kindergarten.
Kindergarten registration starts on January 22, 2018 at all CBE schools.
Children must be at least four years old on or before March 1 to start kindergarten in the fall of the same calendar year. You can use the calculator on our kindergarten webpage to see if your child is eligible.
Every child in Calgary has a designated CBE school that offers regular programming for kindergarten. Please use our find a school tool to locate your child’s designated school. In addition to our excellent regular programs the CBE offers alternative programs.
Steps to registering your child:
- Complete the Student Registration Form.
- Bring the following documents to the school you want to enroll in:
- completed registration form
- child’s proof of age and legal name (birth certificate or passport)
- proof of your address (driver’s licence, municipal/federal correspondence, financial/residential documents or a utility bill)
Note: If your child is not a Canadian citizen, please call 403-777-7373 to make an appointment to register at Kingsland Centre (7430 – 5 Street SW) .
More information on kindergarten can be found on our kindergarten webpage.