Trustee Joy Bowen-Eyre presenting the November Lighthouse Award to Southland Transportation staff with G.P. Vanier School student speakers.
Southland Transportation provides transportation to over 18,000 CBE students on a daily basis. This family-owned company is based on guiding principles that are the basis for every decision. Their core values are safety, customer service, resourcefulness, integrity, positive attitude, teamwork, loyalty, accountability, respect, and dedication. Southland Transportation embodies these values in the amazing service they provide, and the following testimonials speak loudly to the reason Southland Transportation is our Lighthouse Award winner for November 2016.
CBE students have this to say about Southland Transportation.
- “The bus drivers are very kind and willing to talk with you.” Jackson M.
- “I enjoy that the bus drivers heat up the bus in the winter so you have a nice warm bus to come to.” Clara D.
- “I would just like to genuinely thank all Southland bus drivers in our city for helping out in school activities, rides to school and for any other kind things they might do! Thank you.” Alborz M.
CBE parents, principals and Directors have this to say about Southland Transportation.
- “My son loves the bus. If they were counting stars, I’d give it five out of five stars.” Parent Laurie M.
- “In the first few weeks of school, it turned out students have landed on the wrong bus going home, just mixed up, the driver had them call home, and then at the end of the run, returned them home on his own time. That is service beyond, and care for students.” Principal Jeff H.
- “I can honestly say if it hadn’t been for the willingness of Southland staff to go above and beyond the call of duty to help us out at the 11th hour, the day could have turned out very differently.” CBE Director Carrie E. (on opening a new school)
But did you know Southland Transportation does so much more than provide safe transportation to CBE students to and from school?
Southland Transportation has:
- Provided refugee students and families’ transportation to medical appointments, school and to temporary housing.
- Partnered with the Calgary Flames Foundation, Calgary Hitmen, The Learning Partnership, WE Day, and many others to support local and national initiatives.
- Partnered with Education Matters to support scholarships, events and cultural programming in CBE schools and communities.
Throughout all of the CBE, there is always a consistent message from Southland Transportation and that is “how can we help, and we are here to assist you.” Thank you for your tireless effort in assisting the CBE with our common goal of student success.