- A strong sense of community and its legacy in Calgary
- Excellence in student achievement
- Inquiry Learning with a focus on intercultural studies and global citizenship
- Character development through Three Pillars of Care (self, other, community), Circle of Courage and the Virtues Project
- Diverse opportunities through residencies in environmental studies, technology, and creative arts.
- Student leadership opportunities provided through patrols, telephone monitors, tech squad, recycling club, and environmental initiatives.
- Program enrichment through Music Specialist and Artists in Residence.
- Parent involvement plays a vital role. Volunteer opportunities encompass school based initiatives in addition to providing volunteers for our partner school to accompany field trips, support the reading program and extend support to families in need.
- School and Parent Council provide invaluable support for enrichment of the programs offered at Elbow Park.
Continual staff professional development provides the foundation for academic excellence.