A successful student demonstrates:
a desire to learn in a single gender setting
a willingness to be actively engaged in a learning environment that focuses on the the academic, physical, emotional and social needs of boys
a willingness to take risks in their learning
a desire to understand themselves as a learner
Characteristics of the All Boys Program
Builds on boys’ strengths to create an optimistic culture and an encouraging learning environment where boys achieve their personal best
Fostering self-confidence as boys understand how to be a resilient learner and critical thinker
Daily Physical Education Program, instructed by a K-6 Physical Education specialist
Development of leadership characteristics through authentic contribution to the school community
The natural curiosity of the male learner is leveraged through intentional task design
Enriching their learning and the curriculum through the use of residencies, exploration of community resources and off campus experiences that make the connections authentic for boys
A school comunity that recognizes the necessity for classroom environments that support male learners (movement breaks, tall desks, alternative seating, asistive tools)
Alberta Programs of Study through an instructional approach that best meets the learning needs of boys
Infusion of technology to support the demonstration of learning
How to Register
- Registration begins on the second Monday in January.
- Refer to your designated school’s website for any parent information session. Attend parent information session and/or view informational presentation.
- Only completed packages will be accepted once registration begins.
- Packages must be received by Tuesday at noon of the week of Teacher’s Convention. Note:
Lottery draws will take place the following day.
- For families that are new to the CBE and not Canadian citizens, please note you must first attend the CBE Welcome Centre for an initial assessment prior to registering for an Alternative Program.
Transportation for Alternative Programs for important information. Parents will want to carefully consider the transportation services to and from the alternative program they want to enrol their child in.
Find a School
Every child in Calgary has a designated school based on their home address and the program they choose.
Find your designated school with our find a school tool along with the school's contact information and website address. Be sure to use the drop down arrow for 'Program Options' to select 'All Boys'.