• Westgate is a French Immersion school. We offer extensive French language learning opportunities to our students and aim to provide students with rich bilingual and multicultural learning opportunities.
• We are committed to recognizing the uniqueness of each of our learners and providing personalized instruction to meet their needs. Teachers strive to provide rich and meaningful learning tasks that are engaging for students.
• Our students are global citizens engaged in initiatives to improve the school community and the world.
• There is a strong culture of caring. Students and their parents consistently tell us they feel a strong sense of community and belonging when they are here.
• Our music program is highly valued. We offer music classes instructed by specialist teachers three times a week. Our Parent Society supports choir and guitar clubs in the school.
• Technology is integrated into the day to day work of our students.
• We offer a variety of clubs at lunch and after school. Our Parent Society sponsors a Grade 3/4 Science Club and First Lego Leagues Robotics. Our Grade 5 and 6 students participate in the Calgary Youth Science Fair.