- Intentional focus on foundational learning of Literacy and Mathematics.
- Balanced literacy instruction including small-group reading instruction in all classrooms.
- Inquiry-based learning projects offering multiple entry points to serve all learners.
- Focus on Student well-being for Learning.
- Music Specialist taught music program.
- Technology infused in curriculum implementation using a variety of multimedia strategies.
- Daily Physical Education programming in Grades K - 6.
- Co-curricular activities offered by teachers for Grades 1 - 6 students.
- Daily tweets from all teachers and updates by administration through Twitter: @DHarknessCBE.
- Learning Commons including a Maker Space, multiple technologies and, of course, books and other text forms.