Kindergarten to Grade 8 students living in the community of Martindale are expected to return to their designated school for August 2017.
- The staff at Grant MacEwan makes personalized learning, differentiated instruction, Planning using Understanding by design a priority.
- Extracurricular programs include: fine arts performances, intramurals, student leadership (ex. patrols, assembly club, student council, environmental club) and YMCA Strong Kids after school programs.
- Our academic programs and student readiness to learn are enhanced by: It’s a Crime Not to Read.
- Daily Physical Education program.
- Authentic learning experiences for all students, including field trips supported in part by School Council.
- Information Communication Technologies embedded in teaching and learning.
- Community partnerships that enhance learning opportunities for children.
- School priorities are to improve student achievement in literacy, mathematics practices, and to implement programs and services that enhance student resiliency through goal setting.