- Balanced literacy instruction including daily guided reading in all classrooms.
- Inquiry-based learning projects offering multiple entry points to serve all learners.
- Intentional focus on foundational learning of Literacy and Mathematics.
- Music and performing arts program that includes choirs, clubs, djembe drums.
- Student leadership opportunities include Leadership Club, and School Safety Patrol.
- Technology infused in curriculum implementation using a variety of multimedia strategies.
- Daily physical education program, Grades K - 6.
- Various Clubs offered by teachers, Grades 1 - 6
- Daily tweets by each teacher and updates by administration Twitter - @DHarknessCBE
- Vibrant Learning Commons that offers access to audio and print books, a maker space, technology and art materials
- Early Development Centre programming