Balmoral School is a Grades 5-9 school located in central Calgary. Our school is a vibrant learning community that offers the Traditional Learning Centre (TLC) program. Building community is part of our mandate as almost all of our students are bussed to and from school each day from communities such as Panorama Hills, Coventry Hills, and Vista Heights. The primary focus of the TLC program is character education, which is integrated into all curricular areas and school events. The updated TLC Standards of Practice are centered around character and excellence, in order to offer students high quality, sustainable educational programming that:
- Provides an environment where learning is as unique as each learner
- Is accessible to a range of learners
- The “Gradual Release of Responsibility” model
- Emphasizes the importance of excellence across all disciplines of the Provincial curriculum, including mandatory French as a Second Language and Music/Band for all students
- Recognizes the joint commitment of parents and students to the TLC philosophy and methodology.