Oct. 19, 2020
With ever-evolving information about COVID-19, it can be confusing to know what to do when your child feels unwell and when you are able to safely return to school.
The Alberta government has updated the
daily COVID-19 symptoms checklist for children under 18. It take effect starting on Monday, Nov. 2. The new checklist will apply to children under 18 as well as individuals who are 18 and attending high school.
There are a number of government and Alberta Health Services resources available to help families understand the next steps of what they are required to do – when you must isolate, when to be tested, how long you must stay home and when you can go back to school.
If a Student is Sick or has COVID-19 Symptoms page to learn more about:
- When you should keep your child at home
- What to do if your child is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- What to do if your child is feeling unwell
- What to you if your child has been exposed to a positive case at school
- How your child can continue learning from home
Families should follow the specific directions of Alberta Health Services Public Health and/or Alberta HealthLink 811.
If you have had a COVID-19 test, you must not return to school until you get you results, even if you are feeling better.