Update | Noon Supervision and Transportation Refunds

Apr. 27, 2020

​In the coming days, CBE Finance will begin processing online payment refunds for noon supervision and transportation fees. Refunds will first be provided to online payments, crediting the payment card that was used for the original payment.

Once online refunds are processed, if we are unable to credit the original payment card, we will begin contacting families about providing a refund through an electronic transfer of funds through online banking (known as an e-transfer). Families will require a MyCBE account for us to process an e-transfer. If you have not already created an account, you are encouraged to do so now to prevent delays. Visit MyCBE / Powerschool to create your account.

We anticipate that electronic refunds for noon supervision and transportation fees should be completed by the end of June.

We are also working closely with schools for refunds of other school fees that have been made to schools. Your school will be contacting you with more information on how those refunds will be provided.

Thank you for your patience through this process.

Frequently Asked Questions | Noon Supervision and Transportation Refunds

When will I get my refund?

Our current schedule is to process online refunds and e-transfers until late June. After this work has been completed, we will then begin the process to issue cheques for all other payments. We expect all refunds to be issued by the end of August.

How much will I get back?

The amount you will be refunded will depend on the amount you have already paid in fees for the months of March through June. If you have paid the entire amount owing, you can expect to be credited the following amount:


Expected Refund











Noon Supervision
4 Day Program





Noon Supervision
4/5 Day Program





Noon Supervision
5 Day Program





If you have not paid the full amount, your refund will be adjusted accordingly. Outstanding fees for other months still require payment.

How was the refund calculated for March?

The 2019-20 school year, depending on the school has 181 - 184 instruction days. The fees for transportation and noon supervision was divided evenly over the 10 months, therefore each month represents 18 service days. With the cancellation of classes on March 16, and given Spring Break, this meant there was no busing and noon supervision for six days in March, so a third of the fees for the month will be refunded not one half. 

Can you apply my refund to other outstanding fees that I owe?

Due to the volume of refunds we are currently issuing, we are unable to go into individual accounts and make changes. You are still responsible for the payment of outstanding fees for the service received from September through March 13.

MyCBE Account shows that a refund has been issued but it does not appear on my bank statement. When will I receive the refund to my payment card?

It can take up to five business days for the refund to be processed by your bank. If your bank is unable to process the refund, we will update your MyCBE Account and contact you about an e-transfer.

Is it possible to get a cheque for the amount paid instead of a credit to my payment card?

No, we are only offering credits back to the payment card or e-transfers. Cheques will only be provided if there is an issue with the original payment card.

Could I offer my refund as a donation to my child’s school?

No, CBE does not have systems to change the purpose of fee payments. Donations can be made to schools or programs through the regular process.

Visit Education Matters for more information about donations to the CBE.

Can you keep my money and apply it to next year’s (2020-2021) transportation/noon supervision fees?

No, we are unable to carry over financial transactions from one school year to the next.

I didn’t pay by a payment card, how and when will I receive my refund?

You will be contacted with instructions to provide information for an e-transfers. If this is unsuccessful, we will issue cheques as a final option.

I used a prepaid Visa card for the fee payment and no longer have the card. How will I receive a refund?

If we are unable to process the refund to the original payment card, we will be contacting you directly about alternative methods to refund your payment.

I think my refund is incorrect, who can I speak to about this?

Due to the volume of refunds we are currently processing, we ask that you wait until after the May long weekend to connect with us about your refund.

What do I do if my family has been financially impacted and I am unable to pay my outstanding fees?

We understand that many of our families are facing financial challenges. At this time, we are not sending invoices for outstanding fees from the 2019-20 school year. By September 2020, we will reassess outstanding accounts and anticipate we will be requesting payments from families at that time. If your situation has not changed at that time, we can consider other payment options. Delinquent accounts will not be sent to collections until the end of the calendar year. 

My Credit Card is expired/compromised and is no longer valid. How will I receive my refund?

We have completed our credit card refunds, please check your MyCBE/PowerSchool​ account to see if your refund has been completed.

  • If you see an overpayment on your account, please complete the Central Fee e-Transfer Refund Request form located in the general forms tab.
  • If you do not have an overpayment, view your refund receipt to learn the refund method, if refunded by credit card, please contact your credit card company.
    • To view your receipt: Click on ‘me​nu’ in the blue banner, click on receipts, find your refund click receipt.​